We are seeking an Operations Manager for our Kitchener Branch.
As the Operations Manager, reporting to the Branch Manager this role is responsible for leading a capable team of experienced Warehouse, Driver and Customer Service Employees.
The individual we’re looking for needs to understand the importance of process with the ability to lead, support, coach, and work hand in hand, to implement operating procedures and maintain safety protocols.
This person will also have the ability to identify where individuals require support, training, and corrective action and will have a communication style, which is respectful of individual learning styles.
With a deep understanding of customer service principles, and an ability to lead individuals and help teams adapt, this is a pivotal role to aid the entire branch team as it grows, and meet our vision of “exceeding customer expectations.”
- Participate as an active member of the Safety Committee
- Support and assure a safe working environment, with high standards of cleanliness and organization
- Excellent understanding of inventory management principles; receiving, shipping, documentation
- Understand the steps of the order fulfillment process
- Ensure that the team understands the overall company objectives, and lead initiatives to develop and support a culture where standardization and continuous improvement coexist
- Reinforce continuously respectful communication between all departments
- Working with regional and branch objectives, establish deadlines and monitor the progress of direct reports
- Able to make decisions, exhibit sound judgment and make timely decisions.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Maintain positive employee relations to keep morale high at the branch
- Act as liaison between Outside Sales representatives as well as Warehouse operations
- Research and resolve high level customer and order issues
- Resolve high level inventory discrepancies
- Develop and foster excellent customer relations
- With six branches within the region, promoting and encouraging our growing “one for all, all for one” philosophy is essential
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5 years experience in branch operations
- Supervisor experience
- Proven leadership for successful day to day operations in distribution
- Ability to plan, direct & coordinate daily routines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, proficiency with an inventory management system, e.g. Divalto, is an asset, the ability to learn and use proprietary software is mandatory
- Able to speak, read & write in English
To apply to this job please visit https://convoysupplycanada.talentpoolbuilder.com/Operations+Manager/91961/
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers