Journeys by Van Dyke is a travel company that has been crafting unique journey experiences for the discerning traveler on all seven continents for 39 years.
QR Code Link to This Post
We create numerous design materials throughout the year which seek to reflect the impeccable quality of our journeys. Journeys by Van Dyke does not sell trips, we bring our guests on experiences of a lifetime in all four corners of the world. Our guests do not simply visit a destination, they are immersed in the culture, sample the local delicacies and admire the most stunning landscapes from unique points of view. Our journal along with our website are the windows into these exceptional journeys.
We are looking for a graphic designer with print experience, an eye for details (yes, we can spot the wrong spacing in a 90-page text heavy catalog!) who strives to push boundaries and produce immaculate designs. This project consists of creating and designing a best-in-class, impactful and visually engaging catalog to showcase our full suite of journeys along with impactful editorial content. The catalog is composed of 2-3 templated pages divided between product pages (our journeys), corporate pages and editorial articles. The catalog will be approximately 90 pages with about 80% repeated from an existing template.
Example of the latest catalog: http://online.flipbuilder.com/ukqo/ocld/
The candidate must have excellent English, know print design and possess their equipment: i.e. their computer (an additional screen can be provided) as well as the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop). In addition, the candidate must be able to work in the office in downtown Kitchener (305 King St W Unit 1004, Kitchener, ON N2G 1B9) on a regular basis for a period of approximately 4 to 6 weeks (late June to Mid-August).
• Propose optimized templates based on the existing product page templates for approval
• Assemble the catalog following the approved template
• Import text into templates (content provided by the client)
• Conceptualize and create the design for corporate and editorial pages for approval
• Select beautiful travel photos for our journeys (license provided)
• Create the route maps (a very easy-to-use web tool is available to you for this task)
• Liaise alongside the client with the printing house to ensure that all documents are print ready
• Assemble and transfer the final catalog with all the links
Please provide a portfolio showcasing your work to this email: show contact info
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews beginning March 18th, 2019.