compensation: 40hrs/week at $29.50/hr. Overtime at $44.25/hr employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
ABOUT THE POSITION
Allcard Ltd. Located in Cambridge, Ontario is a leading producer of loyalty and gift cards. We are looking
to hire a Maintenance Mechanic, Production Machinery to support our highly skilled team of
maintenance mechanics who keep our manufacturing equipment in excellent working order.
The main purpose of this position is to apply specialized knowledge of mechanical and electrical
engineering techniques to repair and maintain specific manufacturing equipment. The successful
candidate will be a hard-working and reliable team player, with a creative and innovative approach to
problem-solving. This person will welcome opportunities to share ideas, improve daily routines and will
excel under pressure. A self-reliant individual, he/she will have the ability to use well-developed
interpersonal skills that promote team participation, motivate workers for sustained and increased
output and keep Allcard’s mandate front and centre.
• Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions in the production line;
• Repair or replace defective machinery parts;
• Assemble machinery and equipment for installation;
• Install machinery and equipment;
• Perform daily routine maintenance work on machinery;
• Perform start-up and testing, troubleshooting;
• Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications;
• Assess plant equipment from a critical and preventative maintenance perspective;
• Ensure all machinery is cycled on a preventative maintained log to maximize uptime;
• Ensure spare parts inventory is kept updated and accurate;
• Assess all equipment and recommend improvements that will improve efficiency;
• Compile daily logs regarding work performed on equipment;
• Become familiar and gain working knowledge of all equipment used in production
• Ensure compliance with provincial and company safety regulations;
• Ensure quality control per Allcard’s Standards, Procedures, and Codes.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
• In-depth, knowledge and ability to maintain and repair Atlantic Zeiser Versas machinery;
• Familiarity with set up and maintenance of OASYS Magnet Encoding Tape Layer Equipment;
• Familiarity with set up and maintenance of OASYS Plastic Cards Punch equipment;
• Familiarity with set up and maintenance of Datacard Camera Verification Systems;
• Above average knowledge of automation equipment;
• Critical-thinking and decision-making skills; Collective problem-solving abilities;
• Versed in process mechanical and electrical controls
• Experience in PLC and HMI Programming
• Experience with vision systems for quality control
• Good communication skills, communications with other departments and teammates
• Post-Secondary Education in Mechanical Engineering Technology - Robotics and Automation
• Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
The position offers a competitive salary, generous group benefits, a group retirement savings plan, and
opportunity for annual appreciation bonus.
This position is for full-time (40 hours), Monday-Friday afternoon shift. MUST have availability to work
extended overtime hours and accept on-call responsibilities as required which is calculated at $44.25 an
hour after working 40 hours in a week.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $29.50 /hour
• maintenance technician: 2 years (Preferred)
• English (Preferred)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers