DevOps/Build + Release Engineer
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client, in the travel & tourism space, is looking for a Build and Release Engineer to their growing team. The ideal candidate design will have experience with scripting, automation, build and release, continuous integration and automated deployment operations in a Windows environment. The candidate will play an integral part of the Infrastructure team and will work closely in cooperation with the Development and QA teams to ensure smooth and bug-free builds, releases and deployments.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Configuring, installing, integrating, maintaining, managing, securing and troubleshooting Microsoft Team Foundation Server and its associated tools
• Design, implementation and day to day management of the TFS infrastructure
• Ensuring high availability of the build and release infrastructure
• TFS repository management including branching, merging, check-ins, pulls, TFS service hooks etc.
• Implementing external TFS extensions as well as scripting extensions as needed
• Running scheduled and event-triggered builds and validating the results
• Run build and release operations across the software lifecycle including development, test, staging and release as well as patches and breakfixes
• Ensuring repository reliability and integrity
• Setting up continuous integration on TFS
• Automation of all version control, build and deployment operations
• Setting up of continuous deployment processes
• Setting up, ensuring high availability and managing build farm in a virtualized environment
• Creating and enforcing processes for code and repository management in conjunction with Development and QA
• Experience implementing and supporting code review tools
• Version control, build and release system monitoring, statistics and daily health checks.
• Undertaking scripting tasks on Windows using Powershell, Python etc.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to support a team that operates 24/7, 365 days.
• Must be willing to perform deployments during off hours on all days including weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to work shifts
What We’re Looking For:
• At least 3+ years of hands on experience with:
o Windows Server technologies
o Microsoft Team Foundation server versions 2015 and/ or 2017
o Managing the TFS repository including branching, merging and repo control ops
o Providing TFS training and support to developers
o TFS repository backup and restore
o Powershell (must be able to write scripts independently) and VBS
o Build and deployment of .NET services, middle tier applications and web
applications under IIS
o Continuous integration and automated deployment using TFS
• Python scripting under Windows
• Knowledge/ experience with Git
• Experience with Linux and bash scripting Other build tools such as Jenkins
• Very well organized, with excellent analytical, problem-solving skills, and strong attention to details.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills with a team player attitude
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently
• very good time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks for multiple concurrent projects
• University Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology Systems/Engineering or equivalent.
• Extensive experience with version control in the Windows environment
• Experience with scripting and automation
• Experience with build, release, continuous integration and continuous deployment operations
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong technical background.
Salary: 100K base/DOE