compensation: $20.00 - $21.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Convoy Supply is Canada’s largest wholesale distribution company serving building envelope professionals. Our commitment to exceeding expectations among our customers is the cornerstone philosophy of the company. We are proud of the relationships that we have built over the past four decades with customers and suppliers alike, and are honoured by the friendships we share. Since we opened for business in Prince George, BC in 1972, Convoy has grown to 35 locations across Canada, including our Simplex Tapered Insulation facility in Ontario, and 8 in the Pacific Northwest USA.
We are currently seeking a HIAB driver for our Kitchener, ON Branch to join our team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a group RSP; if you wish to have a career in a fast-paced industry – join our team!
- Complete daily scheduled deliveries and pickups; driving requirements for a short-haul
- Assist and/or give direction to workers loading/unloading materials
- Verify loaded materials match sales invoices
- Ensure load securement including the installation of corner boards or dunnage to protect product while in transport
- Inspect trucks and trailers daily as per Highway Traffic Act
- Follow all local, provincial, and federal compliance regulations and rules.
- Maintains driver log according to Highway Traffic Act and regulations
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Worker must be able to physically perform the job functions, which includes manually lifting up to 75lbs consistently
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Integrity and reliability
- Must have an AZ or DZ Truck Drivers License
- HIAB experience an asset
- Provide a copy of a clean abstract (CVOR)
- Ability to develop customer loyalty
- Record of good judgment/decision-making
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
- Willing to upgrade forklift certification to include Moffett operators card
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years of driving experience
- Able to pass a Criminal Background check
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers