compensation: $33/hr +
employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
This diesel technician/mechanic position at Penske is focused on providing top service to our customers who have roadside assistance needs. This position will be responsible for being able to diagnose and repair all types of maintenance issues on the truck in all weather conditions in the safest manner on the side of the road.
Qualified candidates will have prior, demonstrated experience in tractor trailer repair and have proficiency in the use of all types of repair tools. Individuals must be willing to drive a Penske Road Assist vehicle that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
Shift: Days 7am to 3:30pm
- Respond timely to road assist calls and repair units by identifying and determining: 1) parts requiring replacement, and 2) warrantable repairs, documented appropriately.
- Perform diagnostics and non-road assist call repairs that can be dropped quickly, as needed.
- Restock rapid assist vehicle with tools, parts, tires, or anything else required to perform an effective road assist.
- Perform maintenance or repairs to road assist vehicle as required.
- When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop repairs as directed by supervisor.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisorQualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 310T Certification required
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- Driver’s license class G required, class DZ preferred
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are requiredPhysical Requirements:
committed to the principle of equity in employment - As part
of this commitment, Penske endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible
to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon
request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal
opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please
contact Sarah Karan Recruiter – Eastern Canada at show contact info or show contact info to make a request
for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection
process. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do
not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
If interested, please apply online at https://track.talentbrew.com?jobmediaid=428249&typeid=1